The Hand in Hand workshop last Thursday was a great way to hear about many issues parents have. Susan Derby a Certified Instructor, trained by Hand in Hand, holding a Master of Social Work and a B.A. in psychology, offered a framework for understanding further the emotional lives of preschoolers and provided specific strategies that parents can use at home to strengthen connectedness and emotional well-being within the family.
She gave us an overview of the hand in hand approach and she answered many questions:
1. How to handle children who wine and fuss all the time
2. What to do when spouses cannot say no and don’t set boundaries,
3. Setting boundaries and the importance of them
4. Creating a safe zone for our kids to release their emotional stress
5. The importance of special time
Hand in hand is a platform build by Patty Wipfler : here is a link for your information: https://www.handinhandparenting.org/article/overview/